Create a list of all the urls of all categories

Estimated time: 30mins.

Each category and sub category has a specific url. Some are numbers and others have been set to words.

Its suspected that we have some which use the same or similar words which is confusing our new navigation plugin. Please copy paste them all into a list so its easy for me to browse and see if that is the issue we’re having.

1 Like

Hi Andy! Will do this. Do I need to include the URLs of the subcategories too?

1 Like

Yes please

@JaiGuerrero i’ve solved this issue and dont need the list anymore, thanks :slight_smile:

URLs for PHM categories.docx (21.7 KB)

I compiled all the URLs in one Word document. Also, as I was doing this I’ve noticed that there are some repeated categories like Project Management.

Some of the new volunteers I’ve talked to mentioned that they find the platform difficult and they are a bit overwhelmed with the plenty of texts/categories/materials in the website. I suggest that maybe we can find some categories or subcategories to merge or work on removing categories if there are ones that are outdated and we do not actively use anymore, just so volunteers that would come in the future could easily follow. :slight_smile:

Sorry, i just worked out the issue now. Thank you for collecting those

Oh, I just read this reply after I finished compiling the list. Sorry for this! Will not delete the file here in our thread for future references. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, i’ve added the sidebar which should help but our biggest issue is that we are doing something which requires more cross team collaboration that Discourse allows which is why we are building our own navigation system. One task for the UX team is also to create popup boxes which guide new users through the forum. This will help. I’ve also removed a lot of not needed categories as part of the update

1 Like

A good idea would be to ask them if the new setup is easier for them, so they feel they’ve been listened to.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll ask them what they think about the new update. The pop-up boxes is a great idea as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, do let them know that atm it only shows on desktop

1 Like

Update, it now shows on mobile too but not on our app just yet

1 Like