Global Be Happier Thread

A supportive community space where we help each other to create happier lives for ourselves

Please use this to share and support each others goals, celebrate our successes, and listen to each others struggles.

Please pick a single habit you want to change, when you’re ready. The smaller and more specific the better, so you have a goal for others to support you in.

Good Example; i want to get up at 8:00 every day unless something crazy happens.
Wrong Example: I want to get up earlier and lose weight and go to the gym.

Other examples:

• I will go to the gym 3 times a week
  • i will read for at least 15 mins every day

These are called ‘key stone habits’. Small things which are achievable and you can take pride from. These have the power to unexpectedly transform other areas of your life if you keep doing them for 30 days as you feel good about your successes, which you can share here, and changing your habits becomes a habit. When you succeed pick another one next month.

If you struggle with a habit then share your difficulties in the group and see if others can suggest a way to make keeping your habit easier. Making it easy is key, this shouldn’t be a struggle.

Having something small and specific you are working on will make it easier for the rest of the community to support your journey.

1 Like

Hi @bgopikrishna. I thought i’d tag you here as you mentioned you’re on a mission to become more confident socially. That fits really well with this groups intended purpose, to find tools, books, strategies, to help you improve in an area of life, and to give and receive support on your journey from others :slight_smile:

Actually, you might not believe it but i suffered a lot with social anxiety growing up. From age 25 I began leading the public activities with Focallocal as i wanted to make a change in the world, which forced me to confront my anxieties. Until i reached the point where when no-one turned up to a street dance party i arranged last minute at a festival, i was able to do this all on my own (which was a real stretch and i nearly quit a few times in the 1st hour, until people finally began joining in)

Although it might be a bit much for you now, depending where you are on your journey, inviting people nearby to join you spreading happiness on the streets is an excellent path to becoming more confident in public situations. Have a look at activities.focallocal.org, i’d be happy to help you set any of those up if/when you feel ready for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wanted to tell my story of my journey overcoming depression, to see if it could help someone else. What do you think?

1 Like

Thankyou @AndyatFocallocal, I’ll let you know when I’m ready.

1 Like