Fix the React and CSS issues in these pages

the paragraphs here are too wide: https://focallocal.org/whitepaper/why

please reduce the width to 70% of the screen on a laptop. check this looks great on a mobile too. it might need different widths on both

Related files in Github:

Please also apply your CSS fix to this near identical page: https://github.com/focallocal/fl-maps/tree/master/imports/client/ui/pages/Faq

I like to work on this issue once i can set up on setting file.

1 Like

I had to use VM to had Ubuntu to work on this project.

I made local branch call react_css_issue_whitepager_why.

Also do I need to move this card to sprint?

1 Like

Yes please. On desktop you can drag and drop the card over. On mobile that’s not yet possible so you need to delete the ‘backlog’ tag and enter instead ‘doing’

Actually, hold up @vutran. I think this issue has already been completed and someone just forgot to move it

Yes. This one is complete, sorry for the inconvenience.

It’s a good example to show how the site works though.

You can see it here: https://publichappinessmovement.com/docuss/wp_why

Publichappinessmovement.com is the main site and loads a discourse forum. That forum loads focallocal.org in an iframe. The reason we do this is because it allows us to basically use discourse as an extremely powerful backend and community building software on top of the site we had built. That saved a huge amount of building. They share/sync user account via SSO.

Brightertomorrowmap.com loads the same site, but uses a language app (i18n) to specify differences. They were separate, but right now our Dev community isn’t big enough to support both codebases and we often found one would fall behind or break and no one would be around to put it back up, so we combined the teams and the build until the community is larger.

Thank you for letting me know this info. I am amaze how big this project is had become without know this. To me how you guys build this application is so cool. There is a lot I don’t know, but it good to get expose to these type of app to understand the big picture.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s been a long hard build and we’re very pleased that brightertomorrowmap.com is finally beginning to help the world’s most in need.

Publichappinessmovement.com is still in pre-launch mode, but that too should be launching by the end of this month.

So it’s a very exciting time to join :sunglasses::slightly_smiling_face:

From what I understand. publichappinessmovement is main site that wrap around focallocal.org app right? From developer view

Yes. And brightertomorrowmap.com is essentially the same site but with a language app reading the URL and returning differences.

It’s currently a few versions behind as it’s not compiling. The sysadmin team are working on that right now

I try to move this card to done section. I was unable to move it. I get error not allow or something like that.

You should be able to move it on a laptop. On mobile you have to edit the tag manually (for now).

I’ll change it now just to make sure :slightly_smiling_face:

(It is also possible there’s a setting requiring users to reach a certain trust level before they can, so if it happens again let me know and I’ll hunt it down)

Thank you.

1 Like