Tagging isn't working in mobile (sometimes)

@syl I find with the Docuss plugin on tagging a user doesn’t work (often) in mobile, and also often has a delay you have to wait for on a desktop.

When i turn Docuss off it works as expected again. Probably more issues with pop-ups and z-index as the suggestions pop up in a popup box. As this issue seems to come up quite often, i wonder if there is a more robust solution to it, rather than playing wack-a-mole with each case?!

@AndyatFocallocal, are you talking about user mention?

yes, thats the one

1 Like

while we’re talking CSS issues. the Calendar plugin also has issues. I’ll investigate whether those are related

@syl how are things going with Docuss ?

pretty odd behaviour in admin > navigation. I’ll remove that plugin for now

@syl I find with the Docuss plugin on tagging a user doesn’t work (often) in mobile

I cannot reproduce this exact problem. However, I found a strange behavior that might relate to the bug you’re experiencing:

1. On mobile, go to https://publichappinessmovement.com/t/topic/70/24
  2. Click any Reply button
  3. In the composer window, hit the Return key multiple times, in order to place the cursor at the bottom of the composer window
  4. Enter the @ character → the “mention” popup opens toward the bottom of the screen and is truncated (on my device, I can only see the first suggested name and half of the second one)

Then do the following:

1. On mobile, go to http://www.docuss.org/t/topic/110/2 (or Birthday date search not working on Mac - #13 by justin - bug - Discourse Meta)
  2. Click any Reply button
  3. In the composer window, hit the Return key multiple times, in order to place the cursor at the bottom of the composer window
  4. Enter the @ character → the “mention” popup opens toward the top of the screen, so every name can be seen

Because it works well in Mustacchio and Discourse Meta, and doesn’t work in publichappinessmovement, my conclusion is that, either:

• the issue doesn’t relate to Docuss, or
  • the issue relates to a compatibility problem between Docuss and another plugin.

Do you still see the problem when disabling all plugins except Docuss?

and also often has a delay you have to wait for on a desktop.

I cannot reproduce this. Any hints on how to reproduce it?

Probably more issues with pop-ups and z-index as the suggestions pop up in a popup box. As this issue seems to come up quite often, i wonder if there is a more robust solution to it, rather than playing wack-a-mole with each case?!

I implemented such a robust solution a few versions ago. Since then, Docuss doesn’t tweak Discourse general layout anymore. So I expect to see far less issues with popups.

Quite calmly. But I expect it to heat again soon, as I plan to launch an experiment of participatory democracy using Docuss here in France in the coming months.

1 Like

I don’t have this issue on my device

@syl actually, I’m not having the issue at all right now. I did recently turn off two plugins so they must have been conflicting with something else.

It was the ‘tag-banners’ plugin and the ‘nav-links’ component