Request post which gathered a lot of comments and upvotes removed

@BananaCremeSmoothie Just letting you know that this post was removed as it was a ‘request’ which is against the subs rules, and as you had commented on it he’s an explaination

https://old.reddit.com/r/randomactsofkindness/comments/lsydd1/need_assistance_for_daughter_at_a_total_loss_and/

Requests are not allowed. The founder of the sub started a go-fund me for his family shortly before passing away due to cancer. The sub meant so much to u/imnotlegolas that he posted everywhere else on Reddit but never in r/randomactsofkindness. That’s something i want to uphold (plus the amount of requests we receive is ridiculous and it would take over the sub instantly).

Also i checked the users post history and they are regularly posting in subs requesting free items, recently the exact same items they requested for their daughter to help her over her trauma. Its up to you to decide whether you believe her or not, but its quite a coincidence that the daughter needs the same things sent that the mother keeps asking for. Accusing someone of lying about something so serious is very uncomfortable and so i’m glad the post doesn’t fit our subs rules so it’s not an issue we need to face.

I’ve messaged everyone who commented offering to send them something, advising them to read OPs post history and make up their own mind before posting anything.

Here’s the message i sent to those who offered to help:

I’m messaging you about this post: https://old.reddit.com/r/randomactsofkindness/comments/lsydd1/need_assistance_for_daughter_at_a_total_loss_and/

I’m reaching as i noticed some suspicious behaviour and want to advise you that you should read OPs post history and then make your mind up whether you want to send them anything.

I checked the users post history and they are regularly posting in subs requesting free items, recently the exact same items they requested for their daughter to help her over her trauma. Its quite a coincidence that the daughter needs the same things sent that the mother has recently been requesting for herself.

The post breaks our ‘no requests’ rule so it’s been removed.

Its fabulous that you are warm-hearted and want to help. If you want to see more ‘request’ type posts i can strongly recommend our partner subs:

r/brightertomorrow
r/randomkindness

and also r/homeless which also doesn’t allow requests but is a great place to give supporting words and share advice.