@WebDevelopers I’ve got exciting news!
Digi-Pros want to support our mission and are offering to host our database, help prepare us for rapid scaling, and want to help in any other way the can.
Which is great as we don’t need to wait for whatever is going on at MongoDB regarding their offer of free database hosting. I’ve emailed regularly these past few months and keep getting told it’ll be ready in a few days… no idea what the hold up is.
The person at The Digi Pros who made the kind offer (Jordin) wants a single page outlining what support we need, why, and how it’ll help
We’ve talked about
- hosting our email on a private server with O365 interface, which takes away the scaling issue regarding Mailgun which i think would get expensive at some point.
- Hosting our database so we can make listindex calls to our databases, which means another Migration. Or perhaps a copy, i’m not sure if having a two databases mirroring each other is good practice for security and to create redundancy in case of down time (assuming Mongo do eventually come good on their offer)
What you can do to help
I’ll handle the mission and project side of the application, i will definitely need your help with the technical side though. If you want to help make this happen please can you;
- Review their website: https://thedigipros.com/ and write what we should ask them for in terms of support in two lists,
- Operational essentials
- Scaling needs
- Nice to haves which would help improve our operations
- Also regarding our crypto token, i guess security needs are going to need to be much higher when we have the automatic distribution bot/matrix live. Especially when/if it begins to gain value. What services would we need to be ready for that?