Legacy: Introductions and Getting Started Chat

Welcome @dopamine @Kai @Telvin and @JaiGuerrero, Its fabulous to have you here! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

It’s nice to meet you all!

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you🎊

1 Like

Hello,
I am Shan. I saw a post on Reddit looking for volunteers. I am a Ruby/JS developer. I would be happy to help if I could. You can know more about me at shan shaji

1 Like

I’m Rohan, I came across a post on Reddit looking for UI UX Designers to volunteer for the project. I am a UI/UX designer and would love to contribute to the project!

1 Like

Hey hi, my name is Angel, I’m from Venezuela. Currently unemployed with some free time.

I’m a SEO guy, started studying SEO back in the 2012. Have wide knowledge in Marketing with most of my puts on SEO and Copywriting. I enjoy a lot writing articles and doing Marketing stuff.

I’m looking forward to contributing, for a better world.
Thanks

1 Like

Hello @shan @rohan98k @engalsu and welcome to the community!

As you’ve probably noticed much of our site is currently down due to a database migration, and we are just rebuilding the teams ready for the relaunch when we are able to resolve it. I believe @JaiGuerrero sent you a video for how to successfully navigate the broken site.

I’m Andy (Public Happiness Andy), and i founded this community about 10 years ago. We ran it mostly on FB and in person until social media became too pay-to-play for our money-free kindness fueled community to gather and promote great ideas for positive and fun events and projects. We flirted with Slack, Trello, and others before deciding on a far more ambitious rebuild and relaunch. Its great that you’ve come to join our hope-fueled mission. I’ll send you all a personal DM to help get you going :slight_smile:

Hi, I am Anna! I’m a 25 year old woman from Finland. I’m a graphic designer by trade and currently I’m working as a UX/UI design trainee. I love minimalistic, simple and clean designs, and would love to help in any way I can!

2 Likes

Hello Anna, welcome!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m Ng’ethe, from Kenya (GMT+3)
LinkedIn Profile
GitHub Profile

Skills

• Ruby on Rails
  • JS

Reasons for Joining

I saw a RemoteOK post looking for volunteer web developers. I would be more than happy to contribute.

4 Likes

Welcome @m.ngethe! You and @shan have a similar skill set so its great you are both joining at the same time. Its lovely to welcome you to our hopeful community for a happier, kinder world.

1 Like

Welcome @m.ngethe

1 Like

Hi! My name is Marvelous Akpotu, I’m located in Lagos, Nigeria. I joined after seeing a post on Reddit. I’m a Ruby and JS developer. I’m happy to contribute and help in any way I can. :smile:

You can learn more about me and my skills from the following platforms:

My Github profile
My LinkedIn profile

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Marvelous!

1 Like

Thank you @AndyatFocallocal :smile:

1 Like

Hi All,

I’m Vijal Patel from South Africa. I’m a fullstack dev that specializes in React. I saw a posting on remoteok.io and I’m eager to help out.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Vijal, its great to have you here!

Hey!

I’m Shemm Junior, I’m a Fullstack dev who does react from Tanzania. I saw the post on Reddit and decided to join because I really like new challenges and scenarios where i can learn new things.

2 Likes