Introductions and Getting Started Chat

Hi all,

My name is T’mone. I recently got my Masters in UX Design, but haven’t been able to find a position in the UX world. I felt like this would be an excellent place to do good and practice/fine tune my UX! I heard about this project from Jai’s Reddit post in the UXDesign subreddit.

1 Like

Welcome to the Team T’mone! we run a jobs subreddit to help volunteers here find paying gigs, let me know if you’d like to be featured in the sticky post there :slight_smile:

@trust_level_0 @trust_level_1 @trust_level_2 @trust_level_3 @trust_level_4

Sorry for the downtime everyone. We’re still working hard behind the scenes to get the full platform up and running again. Its proving to be a very tricky issue, its great to see so much progress being made here even with only half a website to work with. We’re unstoppable!! :smiley:

If you’re still interested in working with us, would you like to take on the redesign of our community news site which is built in Wordpress?

Hello!

I am Bea, 21 years old, from the Philippines. I found this community in reddit and I am very glad to join y’all in contributing something for a good cause. I’ll be part of the recruitment team and I hope I can get along with all of you. <3

1 Like

Welcome @Bea its great to have you here!

Hi everyone,

I’m Lowe, I joined after seeing a post a Reddit. I’m a junior-level front-end JS developer proficient in Reactjs. I wish to contribute the best way I can.

Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lowesilvan/
My Github: lowesilvan (Lowe Mbonda) · GitHub

1 Like

Welcome to our effort to bring more peace and kindness into the world Lowe!

@Welcome and @ReactjsMentors team would anyone like to help onboard @lowesilvan to the team. Perhaps we can coordinate with @novelica who has also just joined, both are looking to join the @ReactMeteor team.

I enjoyed Donatello’s frantic typing Lowe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, Andy. Looking forward to contributing

2 Likes

Welcome, @lowesilvan.

@AndyatFocallocal, I can handle the general onboarding. We could schedule a time that would work for us all. I will check the timezones tomorrow and suggest a time and date.

2 Likes

If you avoid Thursday and Sunday I should be available to join you all :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@lowesilvan @novelica what days are you free for a video call introduction over the coming week?

I’d suggest you have a go at following the getting started guide and setting up a localhost version of the website before the call so we can use that opportunity to deal with any bugs or issues you run into. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @AndyatFocallocal ,

This coming week I would love to get on a call either on Monday, Tuesday, and/or Saturday. Anytime between 8 am to 5 pm WAT would be fine really. Also, it seems I need you to grant me access to the current settings.json file.

1 Like

Access granted. WAT time seems to be the same as Lisbon time and UK time right now so pretty easy for the most active members here to work with you :slight_smile:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Npm loop error on local host