General Discussion

I’ll investigate soon. Strange that BTM seems to be fine

What did we change? There was the package update I guess

I’m curious too. I didn’t make any deployments to the live site so I have no clue

I’m seeing two errors, i’m not sure whether they are connected or not.

1. Error in the build, so PHM will not build right now

[167.71.2.39] x Verifying Deployment: FAILED

------------------------------------STDERR------------------------------------
       b-core/lib/connection/pool.js:497:72
     at authenticateStragglers (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:443:16)
     at Connection.messageHandler (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:477:5)
     at Socket.<anonymous> (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/connection.js:333:22)
     at emitOne (events.js:115:13)
     at Socket.emit (events.js:210:7)
     at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:266:12)
     at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:253:11)
     at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:211:10)
     at TCP.onread (net.js:585:20)
     => Starting meteor app on port:3000

/built_app/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:313
     						throw(ex);
     						^
     MongoError: Authentication failed.
         at Function.MongoError.create (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/error.js:31:11)
         at /built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:497:72
         at authenticateStragglers (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:443:16)
         at Connection.messageHandler (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:477:5)
         at Socket.<anonymous> (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/connection.js:333:22)

throw(ex);
     						^
         at Function.MongoError.create (/built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/error.js:31:11)
         at /built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:497:72

throw(ex);
     						^

=> Redeploying previous version of the app

2. error in console, after waiting for the load to timeout

Refused to display 'https://fl-maps.publichappinessmovement.com/map?discourse-login=true' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.
Access to fetch at 'https://fl-maps.publichappinessmovement.com/dcs-website.json' from origin 'https://publichappinessmovement.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.
Access to fetch at 'https://fl-maps.publichappinessmovement.com/dcs-website-news.json' from origin 'https://publichappinessmovement.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.
Access to fetch at 'https://fl-maps.publichappinessmovement.com/dcs-website-happy.json' from origin 'https://publichappinessmovement.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.

@tmcnulty can you see anything causing the build error?
@syl does the x-frame-options error look familiar to you?

Its a bit strange tbh guys as the site has just stopped working but hasn’t been updated for quite a long time. I think there was an automated google-api update which is the only change i’m aware of to the live PHM site.

I doubt the second error is meaningful. The priority is to restore fl-maps, which seems to be down.

2 Likes

Thank you Syl, I hope you’re well :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is all the same problem. fl-maps.publichappinessmovement.com is throwing 502s, probably because the container is in some gross state.

Output of the most recent failed build:

{"Bridge":"","SandboxID":"cbcc4b1f63a47eca55e77c80e51229746e5436658e13269f4f7d5bfc146365ad","HairpinMode":false,"LinkLocalIPv6Address":"","LinkLocalIPv6PrefixLen":0,"Ports":{},"SandboxKey":"/var/run/docker/netns/cbcc4b1f63a4","SecondaryIPAddresses":null,"SecondaryIPv6Addresses":null,"EndpointID":"","Gateway":"","GlobalIPv6Address":"","GlobalIPv6PrefixLen":0,"IPAddress":"","IPPrefixLen":0,"IPv6Gateway":"","MacAddress":"","Networks":{"bridge":{"IPAMConfig":null,"Links":null,"Aliases":null,"NetworkID":"ff3fc7ebb1bde5f7e65eadca265d5ae40354bd8efe9609b5a236ee099c4ce6f2","EndpointID":"","Gateway":"","IPAddress":"","IPPrefixLen":0,"IPv6Gateway":"","GlobalIPv6Address":"","GlobalIPv6PrefixLen":0,"MacAddress":"","DriverOpts":null}}} {"Status":"restarting","Running":true,"Paused":false,"Restarting":true,"OOMKilled":false,"Dead":false,"Pid":0,"ExitCode":1,"Error":"","StartedAt":"2021-01-04T00:04:54.178995562Z","FinishedAt":"2021-01-04T00:04:55.7938044Z"}

Looks like it maybe got oomkilled and that left things in a gross state?

That’s what the container is currently outputting. I’m resizing the droplet. When done I’ll restart the build and maybe that’ll fix it.

1 Like

Awesome Tom. Hope it works :sunglasses:

I misread the error output, it says NOT oomkilled. I’ll check the container logs but I’m pretty sure that mongo auth message is what needs to be resolved. Were there changes to the database connections?

1 Like

I did create 2 new collections on Atlas, could that have caused this?

1 Like

Whose skill set is needed to resolve Mongo Auth @tmcnulty?

I think it may be me. There might be meteor configurations I either forgot about or didn’t know about and didn’t update during the migrations.

That message is probably right, there’s an auth issue/mongo connection misconfiguration. I found some settings that I need to look at again. I can probably spend some time this weekend.

1 Like

Any updates @tmcnulty and @dhruvmk? I’ve got a marketing team set up ready to begin pushing BTM out once that second form is live and ready to go.

I can work on getting the new form for BTM pretty soon I think, will attempt it tomorrow

1 Like

Hi, sorry for the delays. I am working on the BTM and for some reason, the master’s login and signup pages aren’t loading. Should I clone the BTM-deploy branch and work on that? Thank you.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. I completely forgot that the Single Sign on settings need to be redone. I’ll find some time tomorrow to see if I can get that working myself, I think i might be able to.

1 Like

Makes sense. I’ll do that right now.

Hey, so I am using the deploy-btm branch but the signup and login pages still don’t seem to be working. When I run the deploy-btm branch, pressing “login” or “signup” takes me to the “\login” and “\signup” routes respectively, which according to the React code, have not been defined.

In the live site, there is a popup when I press “login” or “signup” instead of a hyperlink. Is it possible there are a few discrepancies between the deploy branch and the live site?

It was set up quite a long time back I’ll look to see if I can find any documentation (and also fix the Docus error on the home page).

From memory we are using Discourse as an SSO provider between the React site and also wordpress our news site.

BTM doesn’t have a News site as there is no link defined in the header to take the user to one. I’m not sure how that would effect it though. It’ll be related to the SSO settings and likely those are set wrong in Discourse. I’ll have to check tomorrow as I’m already in bed :laughing:

1 Like