New Homepage

@TheChef @Marvelxy

Marvelous is busy completing excellent work on our new navigation system. He’s also familiarised himself with Discourse api which is going to be required for the stats at the bottom of this page and the “global” search bar (the “local” search bar is in the current page and can be simply copied). The Chef has also shown interest in tackling this task. Ideally i would suggest the Chef handles the visual part and Marvelous handles the api’s, but its just as likely to come down to who is available to code this 1st, or a bit of both :slight_smile:

• Strangely i can’t find the basic React page template. You can cut out anything from ‘render’ until ‘export’ here though to create your own. You’ll note that it currently includes an if/else statement to display the background image. That method is redundant and the image should be called via a link placed in i18n.

• All text in the homepage, headers, calls to action, etc and all url links are called via i18n which is a language app we’ve repurposed. It reads the sites url and then loads the applicable text. You can read about it here: Components: i18n for all text and languages

• Here’s the info you need to find and use discourse api’s on anything within the Discourse eco-system. Integrations: Discourse API