New Homepage

To find your personal task list click on the calendar from the homepage of the global section

It’s not in the same set up, but does show everything you are assigned to

1 Like

You can also see a much wider view of the ‘tasks’ here: Web Developers - Public Happiness

1 Like

It seems the comment is going to be quite challenging. I had to remove most of it because they made the homepage display in a weird way :man_shrugging:

You can save this locally on your computer Merge pull request #1119 from focallocal/AndyatFocallocal-with-stats · focallocal/fl-maps@ecd242d · GitHub. If you have time tomorrow, we can go over it and add the comment together. What do you think?

I notice that all the excess code you are working on removing isn’t showing up. Do we need to comment out the links i added, or can we just include it in the same way so it doesn’t show up?

Tomorrow might work. What time?

1 Like

I think we need to figure out a better way to have the comments. Maybe we create a topic for it.

1 Like

Sure, tomorrow will work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @cw00dw0rd, after downloading the mobile App on my Andriod device, I can say you did a great job. It’s awesome :grinning:. It looks great to me. Can we compile this for iOS instead of spending time with Flutter?

1 Like

I think I understand now why we need to switch. The current mobile app was built with Java. In that case, we can proceed with Flutter :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are correct, it is a pure Android app so we must switch to something like Flutter if we want iOS.

2 Likes

@Marvelxy I came across a homepage bug, but thought it was a Docuss bug as it was similar to an issue we had before so i reached out to @syl for help.

Turns out its a React how to thing and Sylvain was kind enough to look into it and find the answer. The links i added should have been in a different format, but also the code around the links should have been. Here’s what Syl sent:

The links in the Projects section don’t open correctly because they don’t seem to be valid React links. In fl-maps, Docuss relies on React Router to interpret links correctly, so any link not going through React Router won’t work.

Specifically, I believe the problem lies here (and everywhere else where class CardLink is used). I think you’re not supposed to use “href”, but rather something like this :

<Link to='/something_here'>Go to somewhere</Link>

I’ve added that to the documentation section now and would appreciate if you’d review it after solving the bug which can be recreated by clicking any link in the projects section. You’ll see our website open up inside our website, so there’s two main menus visible.

1 Like

Sorry I jumped on the first issue I saw (the invalid React link) without noticing the other problem.

The other problem is that you are trying, from the Meteor app iframe, to change the URL of the parent frame (the one running Discourse) to an external URL (for example www.brightertomorrowmap.com). I think the way to achieve this is to specify the following attribute in the link:

target="_top"

or:

target="_parent"

Please let me know if it works.

1 Like

Great, thank you!

@Marvelxy can you give that a try?

1 Like

I’m on it.

1 Like