New Homepage

It was the plan, but the screen you showed me today looked great, so i think its ok to keep it as it is

1 Like

The email notification issue is due to it skipping users who have logged in recently. I’ll try to find a better balance, i guess that no-one wants more than 1 email/day.

Push notifications on a phone are still a mystery as i don’t really understand how it works. I think something in how the app asks for permissions needs updating on newer android versions.

I’ll see if i can find an app developer to join the team and look at it.

1 Like

I’m having a video call with Tom who leads the backend this Monday at 10 am EST. If you’d like to join in and get to know each other a bit you are invited and very welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s 4:00 PM for me and I will be working. You can share the meeting details, I will join if I have no meeting at that time.

1 Like

Starting now. No stress if you’re busy, its a small specific thing we’re talking about, i just thought it might be nice for you guys to chat :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be nice to have a chat with him. Maybe we can all schedule a meeting for the weekend.

1 Like

I’ll ask him in the call

1 Like

Hello @AndyatFocallocal, sorry I’ve been slow. I’m having a tough time at work that requires me to work late these days.

I will see what I can do before the weekend.

1 Like

Great! :slight_smile:

Good news! We have the venue for the Hackathon. A WW1 Fort in Amsterdam and we can choose a date between the 14 febr- 1 april :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here’s the Fort we’ve been given for two 1 week Hackathons: https://zeilfort.nl/

This is the project we’ll be linked with and helping support in July, i think we can use it to run a test/trial of our app as their challenge is to get… i think it was 32,000 tree saplings out to the neighbourhood: https://meerbomen.nu/over-ons/in-english/
We would get a nice publicity boost from this

1 Like

This is great!

I can’t believe it’s Friday already, and I haven’t done much. I will leave the search for last because it might take some time.

1 Like

Did that answer from their meta help?

1 Like

I’ve not used it yet. I will go back to the search. I want to finish up the other part of the page before working on the search.

1 Like

Hello @AndyatFocallocal , where would these come from? i18n?

1 Like

The movement section’s layout is ready. I just need to add the content.

1 Like

“Movement” probably needs to be a bit bigger, and we’re getting rid of the yellow background as people didn’t really like it.

1 Like

That depends on how well you want to complete the task.

They will be pulled from i18n as that gives us the ability to have different stats for each platform.

The MVP version would be just to pull in numbers entered by hand in i18n, so someone can regularly update the figures manually in Github

The more complete version would be to have code in i18n telling the platform where to pull the numbers from.

The most complete version would be to also have a popup when one of the numbers on the homepage is clicked, the popup would shows a break down of where all the numbers come from (if its from more than one source).

For example:

Media > Followers > Total 143.3 M (user click)

• Youtube: 124,023
  • Facebook: 321,212
  • IG: 432, 233
  • Tictock: 412, 233
  • Podcast: 122,122
  • Linkedin: 544,387
  • Reddit:
    • r/randomactsofkindness: 834,999
    • r/happiness: 654,233
    • r/webdevjobs: 122,311

With all of those being links that when clicked take users to that page.

1 Like

All the stats needed for the Global column are in here: [platform]/admin/dashboard/reports

The stats for the local column are in our database and come from the map/react side of the platform. I expect you’ll find it easier if you ask @tmcnulty to help you get those.

The stats from the economy section come from etherscan. I’ve replied to that comment from earlier so you can find it, or just search this chat for etherscan. It also tells you where to grab ‘Developers’ from, which should be in the Global column replacing ‘teams’ which isn’t really needed.

1 Like

‘Projects’ can just be entered by hand or it can display the number of projects in that category of the forum. Its not going to change fast so it’s no issue really.

All the titles and where they link to when clicked (if they link to anywhere) will be in i18n so they can be changed on a platform by platform basis if needed.

1 Like