Hackathon 20th and 21st Oct 2018 - Main Thread

@dnmcky unless access to this page would speed things up for you

Should be ok without that. Will let you know if that changes though.

@faysvas they are on a different server which until now has (almost) just been me working on (so as to not distract others from the main build). I’m happy to give you access, which mission are you working on?

@olivierjm, that looks good.

Would you please explain to me what this line 29 is about?
this.setState({ dcsSel: dc })

2 Likes

actually, i’m not logged in and i can still see it so you probably don’t need special access:
https://travis-ci.org/focallocal/fl-maps/branches

Heyy @syl, when the page first mounts am checking the route params if the dc is set to true meaning the discourse is open I set the state to true to keep open, not the best way to do it so far.

Also, my understanding is that you update the layout (this.props.dcsSelect(dc)) when the Page component is displayed. That is good for a first shot, but in the future we might have balloons on any page in the app. Would it be possible to update the layout from the router directly? Am I making any sense? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@AndyatFocallocal This is the issue I’m working on https://trello.com/c/PhSxxXqq/319-on-newsfocallocalorg-that-red-bar-at-the-top-desktop-please-nuke-it You can give me access or I can tell you the fix so you can add it yourself

oh! umm, it might be a little tricky. i’ll give you access. i know the css fix, but somehow the page ignores it!

Yeah that is very true, we need to be able to update this from a single place routes would be the best place, this would only work for that page.

1 Like

Does this work?
#main-nav {
height: 45px;
background-color: white;
}

Make sure you load the materialize.css file before your custom css so it doesn’t get overwritten

let me check. if not i’ll give you access

After a quick look at the commit history for master and fl-sleeper. I can see that the fl-sleeper branch hasn’t been updated since Aug 20th, with the exception of a couple commits made by yourself today.

I will spend some time in my fork of the repo trying to merge master into fl-sleeper.

Would you be able to explain what the advantage of the fl-sleeper branch is? I don’t think I fully understand…

Unfortunately I have to go. I will be back in 5 hours, for a 4 hours work session.

2 Likes

Thanks Syl, I will see If I can do something better.

1 Like

@syl ok, thank you so much. is there anything you want me to direct devs to do to help your work?

I think @olivierjm is on the right track and I let him telling you if he needs help.

1 Like

@AndyatFocallocal there are about 7 json files in that look quite different between master and fl-sleeper

about.json
categories.json
congrats-modal.json
home.json
map.json
menu.json
new-event-modal.json

I get the impression that sleeper is a different map and requires different config but I am not sure which if the json files sleeper requires to be different from master?

@dnmcky the files in i18n are supposed to be completely different. that is a language app where we set differences between focallocal.org and brightertomorrowmap.com

awesome cheers, i thought that might be the case :smiley:

ill let you know how i get on shortly and link you to my changes hopefully you can check them out and ensure everything is as expected in both apps. :smiley:

1 Like