New Banner for The Public Happiness Movement

it’s the colour, but also the bioluminescence effect that I think would grab people’s attention and make our logo stand out, and appear magical

1 Like

It’s great. Just need a bit more like artistic look. @Andy gave an example of colours.
Maybe also this will help:

1 Like

i need to use the map i used to get the mountain textures. ill work on the ocean like you guys said, but it’s hard to me to figure out what you want exactly. the examples don’t look anything like water. is that really what you want the ocean area to be like?

1 Like

The consensus seems to be that it’s a bit too realistic. while something a bit exaggerated would fit better as a logo. for example, your land area is perfect because its eye catching, larger than life, and interesting.

So what we’re suggesting is some bio-luminescence in the water, like lines and currents which glow and look like something you might see in a fantasy film - in order to break that corporate, sensible feeling. I think what you’ve created would be what a banking firm would bite your hand off for. we’re trying to inspire people’s imagination, but also be believable. So we’d want a balance between way over the top fairy land, and sensible corporate.

What about trying to make some bio-luminescent currents? or the depth shades you made, make them glow through. Like a subtle hint of magic, rather than an explosion of Disney world

1 Like

@isaiahgirard Whats the ETA on the logo? I’m working on the app and it needs the new logo before I release it. I don’t want to rush you though.

1 Like

i tried finished it last night but ran into a roadblock that I’ll need to find a tutorial on. I’ll finish it today if my house has power but i might lose power due to high winds and fire danger. it also depends on if they want more editing done, but I’ll spend more time to get it finished asap

2 Likes

You’re doing a great job @isaiahgirard, and i really appreciate you being open to our changes to help it match our vision. i know it can be tough when you put so much effort into creating something and others want to tweak an excellent work to match the ethos a little more.

thanks andy! i don’t mind making changes though. it’s for you, not me :stuck_out_tongue:

i ran into a roadblock with setting the camera position for rendering, but i asked on a couple forums so should get an answer soon.

what do you think?
Google Photos

1 Like

the glow we were suggesting was in the water itself. the changes you’ve made kind of dull the rest of the logo from previous designs as all the focus is outside of it

i can see what you’re aiming at, and it could work and provide the same effect if you made it really over-the-top by extending that aurora of the light on the edges massively and making the logo appear to be moving forwards towards the viewer, like a heart shaped comet.

that would make it exciting enough to fit the same purpose. Or stick with the one others suggested by trying to bring the outside brightness into the water in magical blue currents.

that’s my view @UI-Design team what do you think?

1 Like

I’m still at a roadblock and I think what should be done is I should make a vector logo for use on your app and other times when the logo needs to be small. The logo I’ve been making has very little detail at small sizes and would only be suitable on a homepage, banners, and maybe pamphlets. I know Illustrator very well so I’m sure I can make a logo for you in a day if you tell me what you want. Should I just go with the original idea of making it similar to this: https://society6.com/product/globe-in-the-shape-of-heart_tapestry ? I’ll work on the logo I’ve been working on too, but I can’t guess how soon I can complete it.

That sounds like a great idea, and thank you for putting so much care into the process :orange_heart:

I forgot that Illustrator has a live trace feature that turns any image into vector art really nicely. With that I can scale the 3D globe logo into any size. Do you want me to keep working on the 3D logo in that case? Maybe I should just make it look decent, and you can launch the app with it, but I’ll keep working on it and the logo can be updated later? Even big companies alter their logo sometimes

1 Like

Sure, that sounds like the best plan :sunglasses::sunflower:

i’ve still been hitting roadblocks, but i think i’m nearly finished. i just need to know how big you want it to be. tell me multiple sizes if you want it in different places. sorry it’s been a while, but i have been working on it daily!

1 Like

I love the work you’ve been doing. Tbh, i’m not an expert on sizes. I’d suggest searching online for the most common. One will be the one in the top of this site (Desktop). Another will be print sizes A4 and A3, and another will be poster size.

sizes are just a preference thing. i need you to figure that out for me

@ArtyS @tmcnulty @aeglobal @msgfxeg @bob What size logo’s do we need for the website and apps?

@Julita Do we need a specific size logo for videos?

@isaiahgirard I guess for posters, Youtube, Facebook it would just be the generic sizes. Also there are specific sizes for t-shirts which we might need if someone comes in to run our shop at some time (from memory i think the most important thing was over 300dpi)

The logo size will depend on where the logo will be placed. Will the logo be where the Focallocal is? The logo will need to be readable and big enough if there will be any text. We should also consider when users are looking at the website on their phone. The last comment on the current website somebody said the logo was too tiny next to the Global tab while browsing on mobile.

I think it should be medium-sized.@isaiahgirard, do you mind if I can save a copy of your Nov '19 copy of the logo? I want to see how it would look on the prototype. I’ll also be able to see the measurements once I edit the size on the prototype.

No text on the site logo and yes in the same place. @bob wanted a logo on the loading screen for our app which probably should have text… although that screen isn’t essential as anyone using the app will already have found us and read about the community. I think its because there is a loading delay so we want to show the user something rather than white space.

we also need a small app icon. What dimensions are best for that Bob? (we already have a logo for brighter tomorrow map).

I just need a high res copy of the logo preferably as a square in PNG format. Size could be something like 2048x2048 or larger. Itd be used to generate icons for different screen sizes.