New Banner for The Public Happiness Movement

@isaiahgirard The current logo at the top of the website is 187x40px.

The new one should probably be the same height, and much narrower to preserve valuable space in the header. I think your design is square isn’t it?

If so i’d suggest a 40x40 version, and a 50x50 version as it might look better bigger. Transparent background.

can you ask bob if he has illustrator? if so i can give him an illustrator file so he can resize it while maintaining image quality.

here’s a progress update. i haven’t worked out out the colors and lighting completely, but i want to make sure you like the direction it’s been going since the last version.

Google Photos

2 Likes

@isaiahgirard I don’t have illustrator since I use linux. I only need a PNG with transparent bg. Size could be fairly large maybe around 5000px just so that I can resize it myself later. Is it going to have the text too? If so then I’ll need both versions, with and without text.

2 Likes

the further it is from the size it will be used as, the lower the image quality from scaling it though. if you can tell me an estimate of the sizes you’ll need that would help

2 Likes

I can find someone with illustrator. That looks nice. Obv smooth the edges so the ridges don’t come past the outline of the heart. Then as before it needs more illumination, both coming through the water, and with the light reflection from the gold (which you had really nice in previous version)

1 Like

@isaiahgirard On second thought, could you please give me the illustrator file? I’ve got Windows on another PC that I can install Illustrator on.

2 Likes

are you sure? i like how the mountains go past the outline

Maybe make it more subtle. The one on the far right particularly looks odd. What about cutting the height of the mountains by the edges to 1/5 their current height?

1 Like

@AndyatFocallocal @isaiahgirard This is just my personal opinion but I liked the light blue water colour from the previous version more because I think it gives a more friendlier and less corporate vibe.

2 Likes

I’ve got a few graphic designers in the co-working network i joined. I’ll gather a few more opinons

1 Like

is this starting to look better? let me know which changes you like/dislike. not done with the lighting or colors of course. it’s just a progress report

I dont see anything. I think you forgot to link the image.

1 Like

The graphic designers thought the light blue version was more fun. They all said that the detail was lovely, but we should find a way to make it instantly recognisable at a distance or in low quality too

i’m pretty sure no other similar logos exist so it should be easy to recognize at a distance. it wont be in low quality at any size since i’ll convert it to vector graphics.

what do you think of the latest version?

Google Photos

1 Like

woops

Google Photos

2 Likes

I love it :star_struck:

2 Likes

good to hear! want to ask some others for their opinions? i want to make sure it’s right before making final touches

3 Likes

It looks great! The colour change really makes a difference. Is there going to be a version with the PHM text too?

2 Likes

I showed the guys in my coworking space, some of them do logos professionally. the general consensus was that they liked it, but didnt think it would be easily recognisable at lower sizes and qualities. Something you talked about at the beginning.

'I think you need to reduce complexity rather than add more. The issue with the logo above isn’t so much about recognition as it is about reproducibility in different contexts, I’d say

My thoughts are what if we had this one as the larger logo, and we created a simplified version which pulled the main features of it out for thumbnails. Kind of like a Picasso cubism of the main one so they are clearly the same, but one is for smaller and one for larger… what are others thoughts on that?

They also mentioned the text being an important part of it, which we agreed to focus on later. one suggested a 3D banner which wraps around the globe. another a 3D pedestal underneath.

2 Likes

i think it’s pretty recognizable at a small size, especially since it will almost only be seen in context and with the PHM text by it. did you try scaling it down? i could easily make it into a simplified version though if that’s what you want for small sizes. should i move on with some final touches? do you want an outer glow giving a hint of an atmosphere?

for the text, i’m up for trying a 3d pedestal or a 3d banner. do you want to ask your coworkers to vote on that?