Say Hi in our Introductions thread. I also suggest stating your intentions from this course, what do you want to get out of it. It’ll help to guide your studies and keep you motivated.
Here’s the Android App for Meta. It does make communications easier and more fluid. The iOS version is coming soon.
Weekly Video Call
Our weekly video call with be on Sunday at 6pm (UK time). A video of the call will be uploaded so you can watch it afterwards if you miss it, and you are welcome to use the course calendar to suggest your own video chats with others doing the course.
Add the calendar to your preferred calendar, google calendar for example, to keep updated More details here
If you cannot access any of the below resources, please contact @admins
Most up-to-date links to project resources:
This community is a great place for learning a new skill. Just search for the #learning tag combined with any skill you’d like to learn to see if others have posted free courses, and are learning that skill here too. The benefits of learning here are:
- Crowd sourced learning resources
- Others to learn with
- Experienced professionals who want to support, mentor and offer guidance to those earlier on the same path
- Free or discounted courses to get qualifications
- Learn your skill by contributing to building projects in the real world
- Tasks posted suitable for beginners, and with experienced industry professionals you can call with an @ command to check your work and give feedback/support
- Tasks are public. Future employers can check what tasks you’ve done, follow how your skill advanced, see which projects you’ve built, and how you communicate with a team.
1st one here? Post in forums and bring others over. There’ll be no shortage of people who want to learn while building positive projects which create a kinder, happier world.