New Homepage

I forgot we were having a call today as we didn’t decide morning or evening yet. Sorry that was my fault. Are you still online?

Stats looks great like that

1 Like

I’m ready when you are

1 Like

We are currently in a meeting. Would you like to join?

Here’s a guide to how to find and work with the i18n package: Components: i18n for all text and languages

I am going to manually add the numbers there and @BrandonS can pull them from it

1 Like

If you guys would like a meeting this week let me know a few times and days that would work for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Marvelxy I notice that on my screen the text in the search bars extends off the screen. Is it a good idea to make it smaller so it can all be seen on most mobile screens?

@Marvelxy I tried to change the text that’s in the search bars, but its not in i18n yet.

I was going to change ‘search your town, village, etc’ into ‘enter your locality’ as its shorter

Damn guys. A lot of really good work here. Do we know which records in the databases we’d want to count for each section? I don’t spend a lot of time in there so if you know exactly what you want it’ll be quicker than me just counting everything that’s in there.

I’ll connect up a session sometime this week and get list some table headings in the different instances and we can pick and choose.

2 Likes

We want it to show everything, but to have the top category separate and excluded from that 1st total, where members put themselves onto the map in PHM.

Community offers in BTM

That should make it more robust as those figures pulled should work for every platform now and in the future.

They ideally should be pulled via a link which is added here: Sign in to GitHub · GitHub (or /btm, etc), so if the admin wants to add some different data they can.

To sum up the number of:

1. posts in all categories excluding the 1st
  2. posts in all categories excluding the 1st which have a date which is not passed
  3. posts in the top category

@Marvelxy I’m not sure if you know this, but if not it’ll make coding a little easier. Before pushing a .js file you can/should run them through a program like: https://www.jslint.com/

It checks for any formatting errors and can save a whole lot of time

1 Like

@BrandonS

I’ve pulled all the figures out that you need to get started. This is where they will live, later they will be piped in dynamically but you don’t need to worry about that right now.

They will be in the homepage shortly, for now you can find them in this pull request which is pending review: Adding stats by AndyatFocallocal · Pull Request #1119 · focallocal/fl-maps · GitHub

You will need admin access to see some of these. Let me know when you’re ready to begin and i’ll set you up. You also will find lots more stats in there which you may want to present to the user. If so we can chat about it here, new ideas are always welcome and you have more experience in that field than we do :slight_smile:

My bad, sorry :man_facepalming:. Please create a task for this, I will fix it ASAP

I know jslint. My VSCODE is on steroid, it is configured for almost all languages and has linting as well :joy: :muscle: :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

@AndyatFocallocal , I opened a pull request., no need to create a task. You can review and merge.

1 Like

Great, and done!

Did you see the pull request i added you as a reviewer to? I was updating all the stats but hit a coding issue regarding commenting out.

I will update the ‘projects’ tomorrow, and see if we can push the changes to BTM also.

1 Like

I didn’t see it. I will check.

1 Like

Hello @AndyatFocallocal , I would like to suggest a redesign of this section on the new homepage.

The form looks really weird. I will redesign on figma and send you what I think.

Sure, you can create a suggested improvement. It’s looking great to me, but if you can improve it go ahead :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I reviewed your code on github. I left a comment.

Also, I keep getting notifications that I have these tasks pending Profile - Marvelxy - Public Happiness

Is there a way we can close them completely so the notifications stops coming in for those tasks?

1 Like

I think you’d click ‘watching’ and change it to ‘muted’. It is a good idea to turn notifications off automatically when it moves to ‘done’. I’ll do a little research on the ‘assign’ function

1 Like