Npm loop error on local host

Hi, @Marvelxy I Had this weekend cut out for me. But This time and day work for me usually. I will try to be in the meeting on my mobile.

2 Likes

I’m online

Hi, I am having the same issues running the project. The project compiles, but going to localhost:3000 gives me a blank page and ‘WebApp.rawConnetHandlers’ in the console.

Things I’ve tried:

• Prepend ‘npm run start’ with “NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED=0”
  • Set bable runtime to “7.0.0-beta.55”
  • Install bycrypt
2 Likes

Great that you’re recording your process @Peter. That way we’ll have all the issues and workarounds collected in no time :slight_smile:

and we hope to upgrade MeteorJs in the near future to remove the issues completely.

Its the 1st time i’ve seen the ‘WebApp.rawConnetHandlers’ message Peter, what operating system are you using?

@Marvelxy what would your next step be in debugging the setup process?

Hey Andy, I am on Ubuntu 22.04

edit: I have got the project running! I had to downgrade @babel/runetime to “7.0.0-beta.47”

2 Likes

That’s fantastic, well done! Also thank you for sharing the fix here, that’ll help others in the future.

Take your pick of the pre-alpha launch tasks, out of you’d rather an easy one to get a feel for the code base 1st I’ve got a few small tweaks I can point out.

No worries! If you can point me to a good starting issue that would be great.

I have started some work on converting the ‘Community Values’ page to react, but have run into an issue handling the bold words when pulling from the JSON file.

1 Like

Oh, that’s a useful task for getting an idea how the platform operates although i wouldn’t have picked it as i’ve copied it into the Global (Discourse) side of our platform now.

When the task was posted it was on our legacy wordpress platform which is currently only available on way back machine. We were able to get free hosting for it, but haven’t been able to set it up live again yet.

Ah, i remember. I left it there as posts here were very much forum posts which isn’t suitable until about 2 months ago when a new plugin was released which allows us to make forum posts look like full screen website/blog posts by adding the ‘news’ hashtag.

This one would be a better 1st task: Please change text on a button and move the text into the correct i18n folder

The basic rule is that any text which is visible to a user should be called from a folder called i18n, which is a language app. This gives us and others the ability to create clones of this platform and have all the text available in one place ready for editing.

I’ve checked through and tidied up the posted tasks. All the ones there are available now, sorry i didn’t think to update the one you picked.

btw, if you get a chance it would be great if you’d introduce yourself. Its great so others can see your skillset and know what tasks they can reach out for advice and support with. Also its nice for the community to get to know each other :slight_smile:

Ok, thank you for filling me in. I will start work on the button text issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes