Weekly Progress Updates and Timeline

Enjoy articles about our communities successes in creating kindness, happiness and peace on earth in our community newspaper/blog/magazine. Everyone is welcome to create and post an article here (articles are reviewed and might be edited by admins here).

Timeline of Major Tasks and Milestones

Pre-launch - Just developers and foundation builders here

• Homepage search bar works correctly
  • Stats button added to homepage linking to post in this forum, so visitors can see the stats are accurate and not invented (except the few which are and the post explains why and when they’ll be updated).
  • Push notifications fixed
  • Email system rebuilt from ground up
  • Ideas/Activities pages copy/pasted into the platform
  • Meteor and node updates to make it easier for devs to set up localhost and begin coding

Alpha Launch - Core Team and a few early members to test the platform

• Walkthrough popups created to show new members how to use the platform
  • Android and iOS apps created in flutter
  • Whitepaper and About us page updated

Beta Launch - Invite only entry to platform asking people to only invite their their most positive and pro-active friends to set the culture here

• Floating Footer complete to help users navigate the platform
  • Walkthrough updated for floating footer
  • Notifications system extended to Local side of platform, hooked into email and other avenues (i.e. Telegram)
  • MVP Token Distribution Bot complete
  • Staging server ready for a larger dev team
  • Stats pulled live from the platform to the homepage

Launch - MVP platform is fully functional and intuitively guides users to contribute to the eco-system effectively

• Launch Party Hacks go ahead for each individual platform to grow the token economy powering our platforms and mission
  • Full UX review begins

@Marvelxy @cw00dw0rd @tmcnulty @lylycarrillo and everyone else, I’ve created this thread based on discussion at our last video call.

Can you please use this thread for posting your updates and use his format:

1. Post the date at the top (if its not the same as the post above it) with a # in front to turn it into a title
  2. Post you name in bold by adding two ** in front and behind it so the thread is easy to browse.

18th April 2022

Andy

Its been a quiet and uncomfortable week for me as me and my wife both i came down with Covid hard. We’ve both had the booster vaccine so i was really surprised at how rough it was tbh and i’ve mostly focused on successfully crawling from the bed to the toilet this week.

Outside of that important achievement i have:

• Created a draft for two new chapters in our Whitepaper and posted them live, based on discussions with @lylycarrillo. You are welcome to review them and suggest additions/edits, especially as some are very light and just placeholders waiting for your input input. Its chapters 7 and 8, and i’ve also updated chapter 6.
  • Created the timeline above of our major pre-launch challenges. Can anyone suggest anything else?
  • Worked on the web notifications. No solution yet, but i’m closer and will keep working on it.
  • Arranged a Public Happiness event with the local council in Setubal where i live as i’m working towards a collaboration to get some test users live on the Local side of our platforms.
  • Solved the windows inside windows bug with @Marvelxy and @syl
  • Continuing to seek venues and a team to help build and run our Launch Party Hacks
  • Some general forum/admin improvements and updates including solving the long standing images in banners issue which broke our platform formatting and added thumbnail images besides threads to make the forum look more appealing.
  • Successfully crawled to the toilet during 7 days of utter unpleasantness
1 Like

Sorry @AndyatFocallocal , I hope you both get well soon. It’s strange that people are still getting covid after all the shots :man_facepalming:. I can only say “big pharma” are using us as their lab rats and making money at the same time :man_shrugging:

I’ve not had any covid vaccine, and I’ve not got covid. Lucky me I guess.

The stats on death rates are pretty clear between vaccinated and unvaccinated. Some people get lucky, others don’t. I hope you will be, and it’s great that you’ve been being careful.

I would guess that I would have been in hospital now without it as it hit me so hard. My wife’s was a little less severe and she shook it off in 2.5 days, while I was down with fever and a migraine that made thinking about anything a real challenge for a week.

I hope you carry on staying safe :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are right, I’ve seen it for myself. Well, I will eventually take the vaccine at some point. But for now, I will keep being careful.

All good. I’m glad you both are doing great now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, I had to travel for business and then unfortunately also came back with covid so I have been a bit unavailable for the past few weeks. I will try and give setting up the local environment another shot.

@Marvelxy has there been any further progress on the Flutter app?

2 Likes

@jmarks.joshua has just made a PR which should make setting up a dev environment easier. Its waiting for Tom to review it before it goes live, but i’d suggest you add it to your build as it will probably help :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear you’ve been down with Covid @cw00dw0rd. I had it 2 weeks back too and it was horrible. Excited to see the app coming together.

Sorry to hear you got covid. Get well soon @cw00dw0rd

Well, I’m not done setting up my Flutter workspace. I will complete the setup soon and start the iOS version.

1 Like

I finally finished setting up my flutter environment :partying_face:

1 Like

This is the iPhone version. I will do some changes and open a pull request

1 Like

@cw00dw0rd , do we have tasks created for the mobile version? I’m happy to do a brain storming session just in case :slight_smile:

1 Like